With finals week coming up, I felt it was necessary to include a post about how to do your best on your finals! For most students, this is the most stressful week out of the semester for them.
1. Get plenty of sleep! All-nighters hurt you more than help you. If you feel that when you’re ready for bed you haven’t studied enough, plan on waking up a little earlier to look over more notes.
2. Eat breakfast. After you wake up, eat a bowl of cereal, oatmeal or a banana so you can focus on your exam rather than your growling stomach.
3. Plan study time. Don’t wait until the night before to start looking over your notes. I would suggest to study at least two nights minimum for each exam.
4. Make study guides. I highly recommend using StudyBlue as an aid. You can create flashcards and quiz yourself until you get them all right.
5. Take study breaks. It’s okay to reward yourself every hour of studying with a five to 10 minute break. But only one break per hour!
6. Study in groups. Make sure you know the people you study with care about their grades as much as you do so that they don’t distract you.
7. Listen to music. Listening to Mozart while studying has been proven to help the brain retain information better.
8. Change it up. Study in different spots like the library, or a coffee shop. Don’t study in a room you know you’ll easily get distracted in.
9. Answer what you know. Once you get the exam, look over the questions and answer the ones you know the best first.
10. Do your best! Doing your best is all that you can do. If you’ve done your best you can do to prepare for the final and taking the final then there’s nothing you can be ashamed of!
I hope these tips have helped you for studying for your exam. One tip I forgot to add while studying is drink coffee…lots and lots of coffee. It always works for me! Good luck on your finals!